This post is in response to an article published by the Brookings Institute, which can be found here.
This opinion piece is interesting. But “liberals” and progressives somehow believe in Constitutional protections? FALSE.
- Are Christians who are forced to bake cakes, freely exercising their religion?
- Is ideological diversity allowed at our college campuses?
- Can there be discourse of non-progressive ideas without being called a bigot or a racist?
- Does the federal government leave things not enumerated as a federal power to states and localities?
- Are American citizens free from search, seizure, and surveillance without due process?
No, no, no, no, and no.
Progressives don’t believe in the Constitution. They believe in building up and using a powerful and coercive government to jam their personal beliefs down everyone else’s throats, and telling them if they are gagging it’s because they’re racist, classist, or whatever-phobic. To believe that somehow Drumph is more “frightening” when it comes to his commitment to constitutional protections than Democrats?
Democrats have no commitment to the Constitution.